* [9fans] python/perl from contributed packages
@ 2006-10-31 10:02 prem
From: prem @ 2006-10-31 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

HI all,
i have downloaded Python and Perl from contrib section (.iso images).
I tried installing, the installer seems to assume a kfs
filesystem(which i think is no longer supported for native plan9
partition).
Anybody have a alternative how to install these packages.

Thanks
Prem

* Re: [9fans] python/perl from contributed packages
@ 2006-10-31 10:15 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2006-10-31 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i'm not sure what the difficulty is, but kfs is supported in a plan9 partition.

- erik

@ 2006-10-31 10:30 ` Abhey Shah
From: Abhey Shah @ 2006-10-31 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I came across something similar when installing latex. The installer
uses replica/pull and assumes you can write to the /n/kfs disk.
Since newer plan 9 installs are fossil based to get around it I
disabled permissions checking (by using fossil/conf /dev/sdC0/fossil to
get the configuration and then adding -AWP and doing fossil/conf -w
/dev/sdC0/fossil and reboot) and then copied the tex file that
replica/pull uses and  did s|/n/kfs|/|.
Check what the installer does.

Abhey