From: Skip Tavakkolian <9nut@9netics.com>
To: 9fans@9fans.net
Subject: Re: [9fans] web-based plan 9?
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 11:25:32 -0800	[thread overview]

just to be clear, i think webtop or web based approach is a backward
step (or at least a side step).  the whole point of plan9 is to
represent everything as a namespace; in rangboom it means representing
distant filesystems in the native form, hence use of windows IFS and
FUSE for Linux and Mac.  this would let the user use their existing
applications.

some users have a prejudice: they like to see anything that is not
local inside the browser.  a browser is also the only option
for most mobile devices and kiosks. so, some web access is needed.