* [9fans] Bootsetup will not create floppy
@ 2007-12-09 11:01 Alasdair Reed
From: Alasdair Reed @ 2007-12-09 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

I have successfully (?) installed plan 9 from the Live/installation CD .
However Bootsetup will not create a boot floppy.
Afer inserting  a floppy in the drive and pressing 'enter' I get the following error message:

ls /dev/sd0/cdboot '/dev/sdD0' file does not exist
will not format non-floppy disk /dev/sdD0/cdboot

My CD drive is sdC1 (primary slave) . So I guess that Bootsetup is unable to find the source file it needs to create the floppy .
Is this assessment of the problem correct?
If so,
How do I let Bootsetup know where my CD drive is?

Or if that is not possible, is there a way to create a boot floppy from the Live CD?
Or some other source for a boot floppy?

Thanks,

Regards,

Alasdair

* Re: [9fans] Bootsetup will not create floppy
@ 2007-12-09 13:11 Joshua Wood
From: Joshua Wood @ 2007-12-09 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> It is hardcoded, so your current options are:
> 1) download and use a boot floppy from Bell Labs[1] site, or
> 2) move your CD to another IDE cable (i.e. primary master on another
> cable) and go through the installation process again.

Seems like there would be an option number:

3) Make a boot floppy, as discussed in update(8) and esp. the
EXAMPLES subhead in prep(8).

--
Josh