* [9fans] how to access files out of acme-home in acme-sac
@ 2008-03-07 16:36 Hongzheng Wang
From: Hongzheng Wang @ 2008-03-07 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi,

I've just installed acme-sac in my debian box.  After the first
executing the program, a new directory ~/acme-home is created, which
appears to be recognized as /usr/<username> in acme-sac.  I searched
the mailing list of acme-sac and found that such a setting exists for
security.  Then, how can I access other files out of acme-home
directory?  So that acme-sac could be used as a standalone editor on
hosted OS.

Thanks.

--
HZ

* Re: [9fans] how to access files out of acme-home in acme-sac
@ 2008-03-08  3:47 ` Anant Narayanan
From: Anant Narayanan @ 2008-03-08  3:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi,

> I've just installed acme-sac in my debian box.  After the first
> executing the program, a new directory ~/acme-home is created, which
> appears to be recognized as /usr/<username> in acme-sac.  I searched
> the mailing list of acme-sac and found that such a setting exists for
> security.  Then, how can I access other files out of acme-home
> directory?  So that acme-sac could be used as a standalone editor on
> hosted OS.

Your local filesystem should be mounted somewhere inside /n.

--
Anant

* Re: [9fans] how to access files out of acme-home in acme-sac
@ 2008-03-08 16:14   ` Hongzheng Wang
From: Hongzheng Wang @ 2008-03-08 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Thank you for your mail.  But I still feel difficult to do this.
Could you please give me an example?

--

@ 2008-03-08 17:59     ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2008-03-08 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On 3/8/08, Hongzheng Wang <wanghz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for your mail.  But I still feel difficult to do this.
>  Could you please give me an example?

bind '#U*/homo' /n/local

--
hiro

* Re: [9fans] how to access files out of acme-home in acme-sac
@ 2008-03-09  4:30       ` Hongzheng Wang
From: Hongzheng Wang @ 2008-03-09  4:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I see now.  Thanks :-)