* [9fans] Installation Problem
@ 2002-01-02 10:05 verloc
From: verloc @ 2002-01-02 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm a having a small problem with my installation, and I was wondering
if anybody out there could help.

It's a pretty old system (relativly speaking, of course) and that may be
the problem.

P166
16 Megs of ram (this may be the problem, I don't know how much ram is
needed)

The floppy boots ok until I get to the "root is" prompt, at which I hit
enter and then I get the following :

root is from (local)[local!/bzroot]: <enter>
kfs...boot: nop...no physical memory
no physical memory
no physical memory

Yada yada yada.  This goes on forever. (well, until I restart it at
least)

Any ideas?  I'd be happy to provide any information needed.

Jeff Pennington

* Re: [9fans] Installation Problem
@ 2002-01-02 15:46 ` Steve Kotsopoulos
From: Steve Kotsopoulos @ 2002-01-02 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

You need to read the installation instructions at
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sys/doc/install.html

The very first paragraph says you need 32Meg to run the install.

verloc@flyte.net wrote:
> I'm a having a small problem with my installation, and I was wondering
> if anybody out there could help.
>
> It's a pretty old system (relativly speaking, of course) and that may be
> the problem.
>
> P166
> 16 Megs of ram (this may be the problem, I don't know how much ram is
> needed)
>
> The floppy boots ok until I get to the "root is" prompt, at which I hit
> enter and then I get the following :
>
> root is from (local)[local!/bzroot]: <enter>
> kfs...boot: nop...no physical memory
> no physical memory
> no physical memory
>
> Yada yada yada.  This goes on forever. (well, until I restart it at
> least)
>
> Any ideas?  I'd be happy to provide any information needed.
>
> Jeff Pennington

* [9fans] Re: Installation Problem
@ 2002-01-14 10:20 ` Chen Xinhe
From: Chen Xinhe @ 2002-01-14 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

verloc@flyte.net wrote in message news:<3C3213B1.75B9E49F@flyte.net>...
> I'm a having a small problem with my installation, and I was wondering
> if anybody out there could help.
>
> It's a pretty old system (relativly speaking, of course) and that may be
> the problem.
>
> P166
> 16 Megs of ram (this may be the problem, I don't know how much ram is
> needed)
>
> The floppy boots ok until I get to the "root is" prompt, at which I hit
> enter and then I get the following :
>
> root is from (local)[local!/bzroot]: <enter>
> kfs...boot: nop...no physical memory
> no physical memory
> no physical memory
>
> Yada yada yada.  This goes on forever. (well, until I restart it at
> least)
>
> Any ideas?  I'd be happy to provide any information needed.
>
> Jeff Pennington

>Dear Jeff Pennington,
The requirments of RAM for installation of Plan 9 is 32MB.This size is
from
the paper 'Installing the Plan 9 Distribution 'at
http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sys/doc/install.html,you can see further
information about
installation.By the way ,you can check the pc hardwares plan 9
suppoted
at
http://go2.163.com/plan9/ports.html,if can read Chinese paper.more
info