* [9fans] buglet in 9load
@ 2003-01-08  8:02 Mike Haertel
From: Mike Haertel @ 2003-01-08  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I just accidently created a plan9.ini file like this:

menuitem=foo
menuitem=bar
menuitem=baz
menudefault=foo

[foo]

[bar]

(I forgot to provide a [baz] configuration block.)

When I tried to boot up, 9load correctly complained that I had
provided no [baz] configuration block.

But then, without giving me a chance to choose between either of
the two valid configurations foo and bar, it went ahead and booted
up.  And it turned out that, rather than having booted with the
specified default foo configuration, it had tried to boot baz
(that is, $menuitem in the environment after boot was baz).

* Re: [9fans] buglet in 9load
@ 2003-01-09  3:09 ` jmk
From: jmk @ 2003-01-09  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

yes, there's a bug there. i will fix it.
the failure causes it to run the entire plan9.ini without
'menu' interpretation rather than just a single menu block - you
see $menuitem as 'baz' as that's the last time menuitem is
assigned to in the file.