* [9fans] Haskell, darcs on Plan 9 (was: revision control)
@ 2006-01-26 15:55 Dimitry Golubovsky
From: Dimitry Golubovsky @ 2006-01-26 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

David Leimbach wrote:

>Fernan wrote:

>> In linux I use darcs it's written in haskell. I tried once or twice to
>> look into
>> ghc source and try to get it running under plan9 so I can run darcs but
>> failed.
>> I dont have much experience with haskell except for darcs.
>>
>> Maybe someone with more knowledge with haskell can take a look.
>>
>> ,Fernan
>>

>You are supposed to be able to generate some intermediate C to port haskell
>to new platforms.  I took a swipe at this once... it did not go well :)

>Dave

I also had some intent to port GHC on Plan9. Due to various
resource-related circumstances I had to lower the priority for this
project. But if anyone is actually going to do that I'll be happy to
cooperate.

BTW I wrote some initial (and perhaps bizarre) notes on the matter here:

http://p9haskell.schtuff.com/

Hopefully thet are not complete nonsense...

--
Dimitry Golubovsky

Anywhere on the Web

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-01-26 15:55 UTC | newest]