* [9fans] devdraw.c
@ 2012-10-26 18:10 Jeff Sickel
From: Jeff Sickel @ 2012-10-26 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I've been tracking down why the latest devdraw.c that includes winname just wasn't being read by rio in my drawterm-cocoa port.  What I found is that /dev/winname is created during the #i initialization but subsequently never found in drawgen() after the qid has been created from Qtopdir.  The following diff against the most recent Plan 9 sources versions of devdraw.c shows the change that lets drawterm resize the window and have rio pick up the change:

% diff /usr/local/src/plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9/sys/src/9/port/devdraw.c kern/devdraw.c
> drawgen(Chan *c, char *name, Dirtab *dt, int ndt, int s, Dir *dp)
218a219,222
> 	USED(name);
> 	USED(dt);
> 	USED(ndt);

254c258
< 			mkqid(&q, Qwinname, 0, 0);
---
> 			mkqid(&q, Qwinname, 0, QTFILE);
262a267,272
> 	if(t == Qwinname){
> 			mkqid(&q, Qwinname, 0, QTFILE);
> 			devdir(c, q, "winname", 0, eve, 0444, dp);
> 			return 1;
> 	}

These missing lines don't appear to be an issue in devvga.c or in the current 9vx.

Now that I've got clean resizing of a drawterm window working I'll be focused on cleaning up the rest of the diffs and pushing out a new version for OS X in the near term.

-jas

* Re: [9fans] devdraw.c
@ 2012-10-26 20:20 ` cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2012-10-26 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)