* [9fans] acme column Paste, Cut, Snarf commands
@ 2009-08-26 18:38 Rudolf Sykora
From: Rudolf Sykora @ 2009-08-26 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,

in a newbie-guide.pdf
www.quanstro.net/newbie-guide.pdf
I read:
Column Menu:
  Snarf --- Copy the selected text into the snarf buffer (from anywhere in the
  column).

For me it doesn't work like that. For me _all_ column menu Snarf
(Past, Cut) commands are equivalent irrespectively of the column they
are in. Any Snarf just copies text from any last used window into the
snarf buffer. Am I right?

Thanks
Ruda

* Re: [9fans] acme column Paste, Cut, Snarf commands
@ 2009-08-26 22:30 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-08-26 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> in a newbie-guide.pdf
> www.quanstro.net/newbie-guide.pdf
> I read:
> Column Menu:
>   Snarf --- Copy the selected text into the snarf buffer (from anywhere in the
>   column).
>
> For me it doesn't work like that. For me _all_ column menu Snarf
> (Past, Cut) commands are equivalent irrespectively of the column they
> are in. Any Snarf just copies text from any last used window into the
> snarf buffer. Am I right?

yes.

- erik