* [9fans] cifs
@ 2004-12-10 20:10 Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2004-12-10 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Updated cifs client on sources, the only big changes are
encription via the mschap client in recent factotums
and extracting the owner and group of files. The latter
makes directory listing *very* slow and so disabled by
default - its controlled by a command line option.

As usual email me if there are pronlems.

My aquarela changes stalled, I got it to cooperate with
cifs, but NT4 support is still broken. Its much work,
I just cannot find what aquarela is doing that is
upsetting NT so much (ethereal is your friend).

-Steve

* [9fans] cifs
@ 2005-09-14  9:11 Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2005-09-14  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi all,

The cifs client is once again under active development as we
have begun our switch over from Novell; This also means ncpfs
will start to decay.

I will make silent updates to /n/sources/contrib/steve/cifs.tar.bz2
unless its somthing very significant, the state of play is roughly:

• NTLMv2 now works
• some error strings are different which confuses APE code (eg cvs).
• message signing still doesn't work - the code is done but it faulty.
• DFS support is stalled due to a lack of doctmentation.
• Only RAP supported (no RPC) thus:
	• we cannot see shares with names > 12 chars
	• File ownerships are not resolved (very slow anyway)

If anyone has any problems please mail me.

-Steve

* [9fans] cifs
@ 2005-07-06 15:58 Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2005-07-06 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I am getting very busy and have no time to finish this at present,
however I do have some usefull fixes so I put an updated version of my
cifs cilent on sources: /n/sources/contrib/steve/cifs.tar.gz

Cifs now does ntlmv2 auth (though NTLM is still the default), MAC
signing doesn't work but I don't know why. Several buglets fixed,
and info files have been changed - they now give less info but don't
require Adminstartor priviledge on the server.

If you try this and have problems - particularly with auth, please tell me!

-Steve