* [9fans] Plan 9 on Thinkpad T60
@ 2014-04-15 15:24 Jan
From: Jan @ 2014-04-15 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Has anyone managed to get Plan 9 running on an IBM Thinkpad T60? I can't get past installing the mbr when I've tried.

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 on Thinkpad T60
@ 2014-04-15 15:51 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2014-04-15 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Has anyone managed to get Plan 9 running on an IBM Thinkpad T60? I can't get past installing the mbr when I've tried.

if you open up a new window, what's in /dev/sdctl?

- erik

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 on Thinkpad T60
@ 2014-04-15 18:59   ` Jan
From: Jan @ 2014-04-15 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

There is a complete lack of usability, unable to open new windows and such so I have put plan9front on it.

@ 2014-04-15 19:13     ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2014-04-15 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: j, 9fans

On Tue Apr 15 15:01:48 EDT 2014, j@margolius.co.uk wrote:
> There is a complete lack of usability, unable to open new windows and such so I have put plan9front on it.

and of course given a non specific report like this, nothing will get fixed.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 on Thinkpad T60
@ 2014-04-16  9:01       ` jan margolius
From: jan margolius @ 2014-04-16  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

erik quanstrom <quanstro <at> quanstro.net> writes:

> and of course given a non specific report like this, nothing will get fixed.
>
> - erik

According to the list of supported hardware on the Plan 9 site the majority
 of the hardware inside my T60 isn't supported as it was
 refurbished from stock with different hardware
compared to an original T60, sorry for the lack of detail previously.