* Re: [9fans] One more silly question
@ 2002-06-10 12:52 rob pike, esq.
From: rob pike, esq. @ 2002-06-10 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> why doesn't 'install' target in /sys/src/cmd/mklib cp also $HFILES?

Because HFILES might include private implementation files that
should not be copied.

> Is this a clean solution to it?
>
> installh:V: install
> 	cp	$HFILES $home/include/

Sure, if that's what you want, but since when is $home an installation
directory for system libraries?  This looks like a fine rule for the mkfile
of a private program but is not suitable for /sys/src/cmd/mklib.

-rob

* Re: [9fans] One more silly question
@ 2002-06-12 12:36 ` peter a. cejchan
From: peter a. cejchan @ 2002-06-12 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

rob@plan9.bell-labs.com (rob pike, esq.) wrote in message news:<c9bde7f7951d9034ffa22ea14b0f3f48@plan9.bell-labs.com>...
> > why doesn't 'install' target in /sys/src/cmd/mklib cp also $HFILES?
>
> Because HFILES might include private implementation files that
> should not be copied.
>
> > Is this a clean solution to it?
> >
> > installh:V: install
> > 	cp	$HFILES $home/include/
> >

> Sure, if that's what you want, but since when is $home an installation
> directory for system libraries?  This looks like a fine rule for the mkfile
> of a private program but is not suitable for /sys/src/cmd/mklib.
>
> -rob

I did not mean to change/sys/src/cmd/mklib -- just needed a solution
for a private program(s) that need to be linked against a (non-system)
lib. perhaps it is unwise, but I keep all my stuff under $HOME
hierarchy, binding what I need to proper (?) system dirs.

++pac

* [9fans] One more silly question
@ 2002-06-10  8:01 Peter A. Cejchan
From: Peter A. Cejchan @ 2002-06-10  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)