* [9fans] ugliness in vesa
@ 2009-07-13 23:57 john
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: john @ 2009-07-13 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

So, I finally got tired of slow desktop switching with the nvidia
driver and thought I'd give vesa another shot.  However, upon
rebooting with vesa in 1600x1200x16 mode, I'm seeing strange artifacts
when using vncv and fgb's equis; an example from vnc is shown at
http://csplan9.rit.edu/users/john/ugh.png

Is this a problem with the programs, or with the driver?  I didn't see
anything relating to this in a quick 9fans search, but then I may have
been using the wrong search terms.  If anyone has other programs to
test, I'd be interested to hear; I'm finding that vesa works nicely on
my terminal in terms of speed, and I'm not seeing any difference in 16
bit vs.  32 bit color.

John