* [9fans] JTAG
@ 2010-10-26 17:49 Jeff Sickel
From: Jeff Sickel @ 2010-10-26 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

At the latest IWP9 I caught wind of interest in getting a JTAG file system added into Plan 9.  There were more details than just the file system and USB connectivity that are still a little foggy.  At first I didn't show to much enthusiasm but things have changed in a few short weeks!

What's the status of the effort?

Does a shipment of ice cream need to be arranged for the developers?

-jas

* Re: [9fans] JTAG
@ 2010-11-02  6:32 Bhanu Nagendra Pisupati
From: Bhanu Nagendra Pisupati @ 2010-11-02  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I am trying to understand the end objective of
the JTAG work discussed in one of the threads last week (sorry, I'm behind on my mails!).
There was one response that said: "The hope is that it would help debug
usb/bt device issues on kw."; but beyond this I could not make out the use
case for this work from the thread.

Is the idea to use JTAG as a communication pipe on which to export virtual
filesystems from within the device? Can somebody please elaborate?

-Bhanu

> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Jeff Sickel <jas@corpus-callosum.com>
wrote:
> At the latest IWP9 I caught wind of interest in getting a JTAG file
system added into Plan 9. ?There were more details than just the file
system and USB connectivity that are still a little > > foggy. ?At first I
didn't show to much enthusiasm but things have changed in a few short
weeks!

> What's the status of the effort?
>
>Does a shipment of ice cream need to be arranged for the developers?
>
> -jas

* [9fans] JTAG
@ 2010-11-02 16:45 Bakul Shah
From: Bakul Shah @ 2010-11-02 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Probably an overkill but this webpage has a lot of useful
information on JTAG (it might be worth talking to Mark Whitis
and/or checking out some links on the page for the plan9 JTAG
effort).

http://www.freelabs.com/~whitis/electronics/jtag/

[parent not found: <mailman.17024.1288718605.1513.9fans@9fans.net>]