* [9fans] Plan9 laptop
@ 2007-06-29 21:51 Brad Frank
From: Brad Frank @ 2007-06-29 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I am trying to run plan9 on my Thinkpad T60, and I can't get video
working correctly with the vesa driver. Has anyone gotten the Mobility
x1400 to work with the vesa driver?

* [9fans] plan9 laptop
@ 2004-07-09  8:38 cej
From: cej @ 2004-07-09  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i'm in a similar situation so i
would like hear from you, too...

++pac

* [9fans] plan9 laptop
@ 2004-07-09  2:25 Nick Jamieson
From: Nick Jamieson @ 2004-07-09  2:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi.

I shall buy a laptop soon and I'd like to run plan9 on it with support for the
graphics card, mouse, modem, ethernet card and sound card -- in that order of
preference. I'm assuming that the cpu, memory, keyboard, etc. are likely to
be compatible ;)

I have not had success with the modems or the sound cards in any of the
computers I have used for plan9 so far. That is, I am not confident that I
could make these work on a laptop for which this is possible. Therefore, I
may not recognize a compatible laptop when I see one ;)

Is there a kernel configuration and a collection of shell scripts that I could
try on a prospective laptop to test for compatibility?

Many thanks,

Nick