* [9fans] usb mouse
@ 2007-12-26 17:08 Brad Frank
From: Brad Frank @ 2007-12-26 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,
In recent nightly builds of plan9, I have noticed that my usb mouse no
longer automatically work when booting from the live cd, or after
installing. In the past it would work fine, but in current builds I
get some white text overlapping on the rio display after booting. I
also have found that if I type in the terminal manually usb/usbmouse
that my mouse will work for a period of time, but then it will
eventually stop until I run the command manually again. Does anyone
have any idea on what has changed, that is keeping the mouse from
working on boot, and what might be causing me to continuously have to
restart the mouse daemon?

Thanks

* Re: [9fans] USB mouse
@ 2018-09-21 13:37     ` G B
From: G B @ 2018-09-21 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs, Tobias Heinicke

 That was it. I set *acpi=1 and now the usb mouse works.  Thank you!

    On Friday, September 21, 2018, 7:37:38 AM CDT, Tobias Heinicke <theinicke@bss-wf.de> wrote:

 Do you have ACPI turned on (e.g. *acpi=1 in your plan9.ini), because I
noticed an issue with USB mouse sometimes not being detected if they
were plugged in during boot (detaching and attaching again after 9front
is up solves the issue [dev/usbevent then has an attach line for the
mouse while previously there was not one {no detach logged}]).

I only noticed this issue with ACPI turned on, but I have not been able
to track down the exact reason yet (thus I refrained from writing a mail
to the ML).

--
Tobias Heinicke

On 09/21/2018 06:11 AM, G B wrote:
> I asked previously about disabling the touchpad for a Lenovo laptop, but I've changed things around.  I put FreeBSD on the Lenovo N580 and 9front on the Thinkpad T60.
>
> The good news is I have WiFi working with 9front on the T60, but I can't get a USB mouse to work.  However, if I run Plan 9 from Bell Labs on the T60 a USB mouse works.
>
> How can I get the USB mouse working?

* Re: [9fans] USB mouse
@ 2018-09-21 12:35   ` Tobias Heinicke
From: Tobias Heinicke @ 2018-09-21 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs, G B

On 09/21/2018 06:11 AM, G B wrote:
> I asked previously about disabling the touchpad for a Lenovo laptop, but I've changed things around.  I put FreeBSD on the Lenovo N580 and 9front on the Thinkpad T60.
>
> The good news is I have WiFi working with 9front on the T60, but I can't get a USB mouse to work.  However, if I run Plan 9 from Bell Labs on the T60 a USB mouse works.
>
> How can I get the USB mouse working?

* [9fans] USB mouse
       [not found] <178467162.123217.1537503062719.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2018-09-21  4:11 ` G B