* Re: [9fans] rewrite.gateway
@ 2002-05-08 18:31 rsc
From: rsc @ 2002-05-08 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

It's also in the latest update, I believe.

#
#	sample rewrite file for systems that send mail to a mail server or gateway
#	for delivery.  we assume the mail server handles incoming messages.
#
#	by default the return address points to this system; set $site
#	to the name of the mail server that receives your mail in
#	/rc/bin/termrc and /rc/bin/cpurc.
#
#	replace YOURDOMAIN.DOM with the name of your domain.
#
#	in the last rule, $smtp is the name of the mail server.  set it
#	in the DNS database in /lib/ndb (see ndb(6)).

# translate local aliases from /mail/lib/namefiles
[^!@.]+			translate	"/bin/upas/aliasmail '&'"

# append the local domain to addresses without a domain
local!(.*)		alias		\1@YOURDOMAIN.DOM

# convert source domain address to a chain a@b@c@d...
@([^@!,]*):([^!@]*)@([^!]*)		alias	\2@\3@\1
@([^@!]*),@([^!@,]*):([^!@]*)@([^!]*)	alias	@\1:\3@\4@\2

# convert a chain a@b@c@d... to ...d!c!b!a
([^@]+)@([^@]+)@(.+)	alias		\2!\1@\3
([^@]+)@([^@]+)		alias		\2!\1

# send all mail to the gateway or mail server, $smtp,  for delivery
([^!]*)!(.*) 		| 		"/mail/lib/qmail '\s' 'net!$smtp'" "'\2@\1'"

Russ

* Re: [9fans] rewrite.[both] DOTed names
@ 2002-05-09  0:38 ` plan9
From: plan9 @ 2002-05-09  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Oups !

The ``dot stock'' is still there !!!

If you want names like xxx.yyy@whatever.com you may want to remove the dot
from the expression to get something more appropriate :

      [^!@]+   translate "/bin/upas/aliasmail '&'"

> It's also in the latest update, I believe.
>
> #
> # sample rewrite file for systems that send mail to a mail server or
gateway
> # for delivery.  we assume the mail server handles incoming messages.
> #
> # by default the return address points to this system; set $site
> # to the name of the mail server that receives your mail in
> # /rc/bin/termrc and /rc/bin/cpurc.
> #
> # replace YOURDOMAIN.DOM with the name of your domain.
> #
> # in the last rule, $smtp is the name of the mail server.  set it
> # in the DNS database in /lib/ndb (see ndb(6)).
>
> # translate local aliases from /mail/lib/namefiles
> [^!@.]+ translate "/bin/upas/aliasmail '&'"
>
> # append the local domain to addresses without a domain
> local!(.*) alias \1@YOURDOMAIN.DOM
>
> # convert source domain address to a chain a@b@c@d...
> @([^@!,]*):([^!@]*)@([^!]*) alias \2@\3@\1
> @([^@!]*),@([^!@,]*):([^!@]*)@([^!]*) alias @\1:\3@\4@\2
>
> # convert a chain a@b@c@d... to ...d!c!b!a
> ([^@]+)@([^@]+)@(.+) alias \2!\1@\3
> ([^@]+)@([^@]+) alias \2!\1
>
> # send all mail to the gateway or mail server, $smtp,  for delivery
> ([^!]*)!(.*) | "/mail/lib/qmail '\s' 'net!$smtp'" "'\2@\1'"
>
> Russ

* [9fans] rewrite.gateway
@ 2002-05-08 18:37 Michael Warnock
From: Michael Warnock @ 2002-05-08 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Greetings,

/mail/lib/rewrite.gateway isn't there as various documentation would indicate.  Would someone tell me where I might
find it?

MW