From: David Presotto <presotto@closedmind.org>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] bleeding edge cd install
Date: Thu,  9 Oct 2003 22:13:10 -0400	[thread overview]

Not a known problem, I just don't happen to run a venti and was running
a new kernel with a fossil so I figured it was worth a try.  Now you
have to figure out what was wrong before.  A crashing PC would help.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2816 bytes --]

From: ron minnich <rminnich@lanl.gov>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 20:03:53 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, David Presotto wrote:

> try it without venti.  I think I'm also running a bleeding edge fossil but
> with no venti and mine doesn't go tits up.

yup, it's working fine minus venti, I've got one bootmenu entry with and
one without, and the one with is the one that always dies.

So this is a known problem and not something I've set up wrong? (well,
in reality, it could be both ...)

ron