* [9fans] how do I debug a program that runs a none...
@ 2004-03-19  0:18 Brantley Coile
From: Brantley Coile @ 2004-03-19  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

that runs as none on a cpu server, goes broke?
I don't have read permissions on the /proc/<pid> files.
Do I add myself to the group that `owns' the cpu server?

 Brantley

* Re: [9fans] how do I debug a program that runs a none...
@ 2004-03-19  0:32 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2004-03-19  0:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> that runs as none on a cpu server, goes broke?
> I don't have read permissions on the /proc/<pid> files.
> Do I add myself to the group that `owns' the cpu server?
>
>  Brantley

if it's a program started by listen you can run just the binary with
aux/listen1 as yourself (and not necessarily on the cpu server
either).

you can control other processes if you're in the owner of /proc,
before discovering aux/listen1 i used to chmod 777 /proc/<pid>/*.  not
sure if it was really successful -- been too long ago :) being just a
member of the group won't work, afaik...

andrey

* Re: [9fans] how do I debug a program that runs a none...
@ 2004-03-19  5:29 ` Geoff Collyer
From: Geoff Collyer @ 2004-03-19  5:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I usually get on the cpu server's console (C cpu), so I'm running as
bootes, and

	cd /proc/12345 && chmod +rw *

I've found that the write permission is necessary to debug, at least
with acid.