* Re: [9fans] acme without plumbing
@ 2004-02-04  8:42 YAMANASHI Takeshi
From: YAMANASHI Takeshi @ 2004-02-04  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Wed Feb  4 17:16:20 JST 2004, okamoto@granite.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp wrote:
> I often want to edit postscript files on the acme window.
> However, postscript file usually goes to plumb, and shows
> it's content.

How about using `B hoge.ps'?

or type `B' in the tag line and do 2-1 chording
with the postscript file being selected.

* Re: [9fans] acme without plumbing
@ 2004-02-04  8:58 ` okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2004-02-04  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> On Wed Feb  4 17:16:20 JST 2004, okamoto@granite.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp wrote:
>> I often want to edit postscript files on the acme window.
>> However, postscript file usually goes to plumb, and shows
>> it's content.
>
> How about using `B hoge.ps'?
>
> or type `B' in the tag line and do 2-1 chording
> with the postscript file being selected.

Wao, I diddn't know this B command for acme.
Yes, it did the work, thanks.

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] acme without plumbing
@ 2004-02-06  1:32           ` okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2004-02-06  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>> B uses the plumber, so i don't think it will help you.
>
> actually, it should work ok, as it sets "-d edit" in the plumb
> command.

I was too quick, sorry.

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] acme without plumbing
@ 2004-02-06  1:31         ` okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2004-02-06  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> B uses the plumber, so i don't think it will help you.  but New is just
> a command to open a file in acme, so that should work always.

Strange, I'm now editting foo.ps file with B command on acme
menu bar.

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] acme without plumbing
@ 2004-02-04 18:25         ` rog
From: rog @ 2004-02-04 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2004-02-04 17:59       ` rob pike, esq.
From: rob pike, esq. @ 2004-02-04 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>> Because I was fool enough not knowing B command in acme.
>> Yes, I'm now recalling my fading memory,,,   some months ago,
>> Rob or Rog or Rus mentioned it here...
>
> You can also give New an argument, which is what I've done
> in the past.

B uses the plumber, so i don't think it will help you.  but New is just
a command to open a file in acme, so that should work always.

-rob

* Re: [9fans] acme without plumbing
@ 2004-02-04 16:52     ` Micah Stetson
From: Micah Stetson @ 2004-02-04 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Because I was fool enough not knowing B command in acme.
> Yes, I'm now recalling my fading memory,,,   some months ago,
> Rob or Rog or Rus mentioned it here...

You can also give New an argument, which is what I've done
in the past.

Micah

* Re: [9fans] acme without plumbing
@ 2004-02-04 10:09   ` steve.simon
From: steve.simon @ 2004-02-04 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Appologies for adding to the noise but it reminded me of a fortune of old...

panic: proc on q
	Press control-blackslash-underscore-exclamition-point to continue,
	any other key to reboot.

-Steve

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2400 bytes --]

From: Geoff Collyer <geoff@collyer.net>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] acme without plumbing
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 01:00:51 -0800

I'd suggest avoiding the combination of a keystroke and a mouse-button
click, which seems to me, personally, to be an abomination.  I expect
the keyboard and mouse to operate independently, and this kind of
unholy union seems like the road to emacs-ville: `okay, now type
control-meta-shift-coke-bottle-F12-button-2-eject-the-CD-drive-
dim-your-monitor'.

Why not buy one of those mice with the five buttons and two wheels and
assign button 4 as `open directly in acme, bypassing plumbing' or
something?

* Re: [9fans] acme without plumbing
@ 2004-02-04  9:05   ` okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2004-02-04  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2004-02-04  9:00 ` Geoff Collyer
From: Geoff Collyer @ 2004-02-04  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2004-02-04  8:15 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2004-02-04  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I often want to edit postscript files on the acme window.
However, postscript file usually goes to plumb, and shows
it's content. ☺

How about to make introduce a key binding of, say, Shift+button 3
without plumbing.

Kenji