* [9fans] MS440GX motherboard reboot-o-matic
@ 2006-08-15 15:12 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2006-08-15 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

nothing is quite as much fun as recycled hardware!

i've got a mx440gx motherboard 2x500 Mhz pIII katami processors,
an intel i82557 (on board), sym83c8xx scsi, nVidia agp graphics that boots from
cd gets to the install/livecd menu, loads the kernel up to #I0 + two lines
(which i can't read) then spontaneously reboots.  this motherboard has
ecc memory which hasn't reported any errors.  this cd is from about may.
it takes forever to download over my net connection.

has anybody seen this problem?  or have any ideas on solving the problem?
i'd try booting from the floppy, but i don't have one.

- erik

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-08-15 15:12 UTC | newest]