* [9fans] assembly loading
@ 2008-02-25 18:14 Iruata Souza
       [not found] ` <3882c3c26b7c2ff6628fc6d9ef9c04f7@terzarima.net>
From: Iruata Souza @ 2008-02-25 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

9fans,

In this mips assembly code, R5 is not receiving the value of array. Am
I doing something wrong?

	TEXT	main+0(SB),0,$0
        MOVW    array<>+0(SB), R5

	DATA	array<>+0(SB)/8,$"Plan 9\z\z"
	GLOBL	array<>+0(SB),$8
	END ,

thanks,
iru

* Re: [9fans] assembly loading
       [not found] ` <3882c3c26b7c2ff6628fc6d9ef9c04f7@terzarima.net>
@ 2008-02-26  3:07   ` Iruata Souza
From: Iruata Souza @ 2008-02-26  3:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles Forsyth, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 4:59 PM, Charles Forsyth <forsyth@terzarima.net> wrote:
> >  doing something wrong?
>  >
>  >       TEXT    main+0(SB),0,$0
>  >         MOVW    array<>+0(SB), R5

for anyone wanting to know, it has been resolved thanks to jmk.

MOVW	$setR30(SB), R30
right in the program beginning sets up the static base register.

and Charles, I'm doing MOVW $array<>+0(SB), R5, it was a typo. thanks
for noting.

iru

* Re: [9fans] assembly loading
@ 2008-02-26 14:44       ` Iruata Souza
From: Iruata Souza @ 2008-02-26 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 11:45 AM, C H Forsyth <forsyth@vitanuova.com> wrote:
> >for anyone wanting to know, it has been resolved thanks to jmk.
>
>  >MOVW   $setR30(SB), R30
>  >right in the program beginning sets up the static base register.
>
>  that should be done by _main, which is why i didn't suggest it.

ah, sure. in fact, this is a standalone program, so main is the real
entry point for now.

iru

* Re: [9fans] assembly loading
@ 2008-02-26 14:45     ` C H Forsyth