* RE: [9fans] boot halts after "version..."
@ 2002-05-03 16:22 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2002-05-03 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

here's a possibility:

/sys/src/cmd/auth/factotum/util.c:648: readcons(char *prompt, char *def, int raw)

interprets 0x7F when it reads /dev/cons in raw mode.
i suspect that something (presumably via /sys/src/9/boot)
is causing factotum to prompt for a key but for
some reason factotum's prompt isn't appearing.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2981 bytes --]

To: "'9fans@cse.psu.edu'" <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: RE: [9fans] boot halts after "version..."
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 17:04:03 +0100

the system is at home and i'm not.  but i tried typing a variety
of things at it and nothing had any effect until del.  it could
be coincidence.  it did respond to ^T^Tp but i didn't note the
results down.  kfs and factotum were running.

i'll do further experiments.

stephen

--
Stephen Parker.  Pi Technology.  +44 (0)1223 203438.

@ 2002-05-15  9:38 Stephen Parker
From: Stephen Parker @ 2002-05-15  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: '9fans@cse.psu.edu'

i applied the change to the usb driver and now it waits for
a few seconds after "version..." before moving on (without
requiring keystrokes) to "time...".  i haven't looked further.

stephen

--

@ 2002-05-10  4:26 rsc
From: rsc @ 2002-05-10  4:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-05-03 16:04 Stephen Parker
From: Stephen Parker @ 2002-05-03 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: '9fans@cse.psu.edu'

@ 2002-05-03 15:41 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-05-03 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-05-03 10:23 Stephen Parker
From: Stephen Parker @ 2002-05-03 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: '9fans@cse.psu.edu'

after fiddling with plan9.ini my pc (boot and kfs off local drive)
now pauses after kfs... version...

if i press del it continues to time... but otherwise hangs for
at least several minutes.

any suggestions?

thanks,
stephen

--
Stephen Parker.  Pi Technology.  +44 (0)1223 203438.