* [9fans] pi zero w
@ 2017-03-13 19:12 Richard Miller
       [not found] ` <CAJSxfmJjaQLufF-ZNPkG+F1U8zfJMnt7=sOLVxz7h6d3mDNJwQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: Richard Miller @ 2017-03-13 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

In /contrib/miller there is a new 9pi.img.gz which extends
native wifi support to the new Raspberry Pi Zero W, as well
as the original Pi 3.  For convenience there are also new
9pi and 9pi2 kernels, and updated 9/bcm source.

The wifi driver is now configured into all the pi kernels,
but it will only be enabled at boot time if cmdline.txt
explicitly includes the definition ether1=type=4330

* Re: [9fans] pi zero w
       [not found] ` <CAJSxfmJjaQLufF-ZNPkG+F1U8zfJMnt7=sOLVxz7h6d3mDNJwQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2017-04-01  8:40   ` Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2017-04-01  8:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

trying again. this one bounced a while back.

@ 2017-04-01  9:41     ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2017-04-01  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 1:23 AM Skip Tavakkolian <skip.tavakkolian@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> FYI to others trying this out: I built the pi2wifi kernel configuration,
> but it wasn't able to join the network. I realized later that the labs
> version of factotum wont work; aux/wpa requires 9front factotum changes to
> handle wpapsk/wpa2 credentials.

If you apply patch wpa-psk, it will add the required module to factotum
as well as installing the aux/wpa command needed for wifi; both of these
are imported from 9front.

Note that the aux/wpa in the patch is an older, simpler version.  If
you find it doesn't work for wpa2, it's worth trying the current 9front
version instead.  I've tested pi2wifi with two APs.  One works fine with
the older aux/wpa.  The other will only authenticate when I use the
newer 9front version.  (And that AP also makes my ancient Snow Leopard
macbook crash hard when it tries to connect.)