* [9fans] fossil in Plan 9 from User Space
@ 2009-10-20 23:53 Albert Skye
From: Albert Skye @ 2009-10-20 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm wondering if/when fossil might become part of plan9port. I found only a thread from 2007 mentioning that it had not been ported.

It is of particular interest to me because I'm preparing various machines (which are not supported by Plan 9) to manage data on dedicated disks. My thought was to use Plan 9 from User Space, under BSD or Linux as necessary (defending upon hardware support), and fossil to provide a consistent interface to these dedicated disks, and to ensure portability (in case the disks were moved to new platform; to avoid migrating the data to a new file system).

* Re: [9fans] fossil in Plan 9 from User Space
@ 2009-10-21  0:00 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2009-10-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: plan9port-dev

-9fans, +plan9port-dev