* [9fans] 9vx and email
@ 2010-03-17 19:29 hugo rivera
From: hugo rivera @ 2010-03-17 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,
I've been searching through the man pages and 9fans archive and I am
unable to figure out how to correctly setup plan9 to read and write
mail. I've added my mail servers in different places (i.e.
/rc/bin/termrc, /lib/ndb/local, /mail/lib/rewrite.gateway), ran
factotum, ran upas/fs but I'm unable to read or write mail. Can anyone
point me in the right direction?
saludos,

--
Hugo

* Re: [9fans] 9vx and email
@ 2010-03-17 19:49 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2010-03-17 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I've been searching through the man pages and 9fans archive and I am
> unable to figure out how to correctly setup plan9 to read and write
> mail. I've added my mail servers in different places (i.e.
> /rc/bin/termrc, /lib/ndb/local, /mail/lib/rewrite.gateway), ran
> factotum, ran upas/fs but I'm unable to read or write mail. Can anyone
> point me in the right direction?

i think you want "rewrite" not "rewrite.gateway".  the should
be seen as alternates of the same file, not different working files.

here are the files that i know we've modified here, all
in /mail/lib
- qmail
- remotemail
- rewrite
- smtpd.conf
it's helpful in debugging to make sure the log files
/sys/log/^(smtp smtpd mail smtp.fail) all exist.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] 9vx and email
@ 2010-03-18  6:15 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2010-03-18  6:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

your subject says 9vx and email, but your message
didn't mention 9vx.  assuming you are actually using
9vx, it's important to note that the mail system depends
heavily on lock files, and the #Z file system in 9vx,
which is what gives you access to the host file system,
does not support lock files.  you'll only get the right
behavior if you're using a native plan 9 file system like
fossil or kfs or a network connection to one of those
to hold the /mail/queue directory tree.

russ

* Re: [9fans] 9vx and email
@ 2010-03-18  8:50   ` hugo rivera
From: hugo rivera @ 2010-03-18  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

yes, I meant 9vx. So I'll try to do it with p9p's mailfs.
Thanks.

--
Hugo