* [9fans] Browser (Sam)
@ 2002-06-22  1:22 A. Baker
From: A. Baker @ 2002-06-22  1:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Is this where we all sound off?
YES.
(there's 1 vote)
Count me in - Opera is my vote for most likely to win
friends and influence Web coders.
Kinda a "anybrowser" thing going on there

http://www.anybrowser.org/campaign/abdesign.html

 ... which is a step up from all this testing with 9
browsers to make sure the site reads OK.
Sheesh.

PAAAALEEEEZE! port it.
I think it would make Plan 9 not so UFOish
;-)
Not that thats a b-a-d thing mind you, having an alien
for a firewall is why I am so attracted to this OS.
(Now I have to figure out how to accomplish that.)

=====
Boojum

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

* Re: [9fans] Browser (Sam)
@ 2002-06-22  8:19 ` William S.
From: William S. @ 2002-06-22  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I really do not like Opera. It _is_ less
bad than mozilla, but I find the banner
ad annoying and it is just too feature
filled.

Right now I am using "Dillo" and "Konqueror-embedded"
which I like as they are fast and lite.

...just my opinion of course.

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 06:22:11PM -0700, A. Baker wrote:
> Is this where we all sound off?
> YES.
> (there's 1 vote)
> Count me in - Opera is my vote for most likely to win
> friends and influence Web coders.
> Kinda a "anybrowser" thing going on there
>
> http://www.anybrowser.org/campaign/abdesign.html
>
>  ... which is a step up from all this testing with 9
> browsers to make sure the site reads OK.
> Sheesh.
>
> PAAAALEEEEZE! port it.
> I think it would make Plan 9 not so UFOish
> ;-)
<snip>
--
Bill
Amsterdam, NL

* Re: [9fans] Browser (Sam)
@ 2002-06-24  9:46   ` Ben
From: Ben @ 2002-06-24  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

What about Mothra?  I'm sure it was simple, but hey, it was designed
for Plan 9... Russ or Rob- either of you still have the code for it
(or know where to find it?)  Care to make the code available?  It
would at least be a start until something better could be ported.

And what about the updated Inferno release?  Charon doesn't do much,
but at least it's a web browser!

* Re: [9fans] Browser (Sam)
@ 2002-06-24 22:32 anothy
From: anothy @ 2002-06-24 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

// And what about the updated Inferno release?

there's a version in testing. i believe the binary
varsion is included on the Plan 9 CDs Vita Nuova
sells (don't have mine in front of me to verify).

while an older inferno is of seriously deminished
usefullness, the problems really revolve around
reading and writing directories, i believe. i'm
currently using a pre-update version of inferno on
4th ed. Plan 9 just to get at Charon. works fine
provided i don't try to save any files.
ア

* Re: [9fans] Browser (Sam)
@ 2002-06-24 18:44 Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2002-06-24 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> What about Mothra?

I still use mothra.  I can make a 4e-compatible version available to anyone
who can prove to me that they have a 2e license.

-- Richard