* Re: [9fans] * most USB audio devices
@ 2002-06-28 19:43 David Gordon Hogan
From: David Gordon Hogan @ 2002-06-28 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The Phillips powered speakers that a few people have are supported.

The Creative Labs Extigy isn't supported as yet (it's a very complex
instance of the Audio Class).

* Re: [9fans] * most USB audio devices
@ 2002-07-02  8:54 ` Ben
From: Ben @ 2002-07-02  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Btw, what about USB keyboard support, and those fancy volume
dials/buttons that come on most HP/Compaq keyboards?  Any support for
these in the works?

* Re: [9fans] * most USB audio devices
@ 2002-07-04 14:33 presotto
From: presotto @ 2002-07-04 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Ditto with XITEL HiFi-Link DG2.  I use it to link via Toslink to my
receiver.  It's like the DG2 but has a slightly heftier LED to drive
a 10 meter optical cable that comes with it.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1848 bytes --]

From: jmk@plan9.bell-labs.com
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] * most USB audio devices
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 22:43:47 -0400

On Fri Jun 28 09:32:22 EDT 2002, matt@proweb.co.uk wrote:
> any clues as to which ones have been tested?
>
> I don't want to find :
> the_one_I_get < most < all
>
> the one's I've found obviously don't trumpet "now works with plan9" on the
> box
>
> Matt

I've successfully used the Xitel MD-Port DG2, which is a USB -> TOSLINK
device, enabling you to send digital audio to MiniDisc players and other
audio equipment with TOSLINK inputs. E.g. it's possible to copy a CD to
MiniDisc with

	% usb/usbaudio
	% echo audio 100 >/dev/volume
	% cdfs