* [9fans] Regarding venti block size
@ 2009-02-16 10:25 anooop.anooop
                   ` (6 more replies)
From: anooop.anooop @ 2009-02-16 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello All,

I want to store some big files on venti.  size range around 200MB.  Is
there any way to do this?

This is what I get when I try to store files of size around 300KB :
"write: input too big: max block size is 57344"

I was wondering may be if increase the block size in arena partition
this can be done. so I tried to format arena with block size 200M but
it gave the error below.

"anoop@allatoona:/usr/local/plan9/bin$ venti/fmtarenas -a 3800M -b
200M  arenas0. /dev/sda6 &
[1] 32604