* Re: [9fans] How to writesubfont() for Memsubfont type?
@ 2002-09-19 11:46 Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2002-09-19 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>> Can't find a writememsubfont(). Is it obvious?
>
> That's a tricky question.   What's obvious to one person may be
> mysterious to another.  But I think the implementation will be
> to take writesubfont and s/Subfont/Memsubfont/g.

Thanks.  I was curious because other than this function there seemed
to be parity between Memimage and Image operations.  Truth be told,
I'm a novice when it comes to graphics.  the last graphics system I
attempted to understand and use was the 630.  Interestingly, a Bush was
in the Whitehouse, Sadam was in Baghdad and the economy was bad.

> Don't forget that you still need to write the image; the writesubfont
> routine only writes the character width data.  A subfont file comprises
> the width data followed by an image, written the usual way.

Manual says wirtesubfont() should be preceded by writeimage(). correct?

> Why do you need this?

Writing a BDF to Subfont converter.

* Re: [9fans] How to writesubfont() for Memsubfont type?
@ 2002-09-20  0:49 Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2002-09-20  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thanks. I really should look at the code (the beauty of opensource).
This is the path I'm taking now.

How did I miss ttf2subf? Where do I get it?

@ 2002-09-19 17:03 C H Forsyth
From: C H Forsyth @ 2002-09-19 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-09-19 15:46 rob pike, esq.
From: rob pike, esq. @ 2002-09-19 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Manual says wirtesubfont() should be preceded by writeimage(). correct?

Correct.  The manual is more reliable than my memory.

-rob

From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2002-09-19 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-09-19  9:59 rob pike, esq.
From: rob pike, esq. @ 2002-09-19  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-09-19  3:46 Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2002-09-19  3:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Can't find a writememsubfont(). Is it obvious?