* Re: Re [9fans] pop3
@ 2002-09-09  1:26 presotto
From: presotto @ 2002-09-09  1:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

It could be that the client kept asking it to do the same
thing over and over again.  I can't see from the code that it
would care how long the headers are, except to count them.
I'll try it tomorrow and see if it loops with a windows client.

* Re: Re [9fans] pop3
@ 2002-09-09  5:00 ` arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2002-09-09  5:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>I'll try it tomorrow and see if it loops with a windows client.

Thanks,

Kenji Arisawa

* Re [9fans] pop3
@ 2002-09-08 21:07 arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2002-09-08 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello presotto,
Thanks for quick response.

>What happens if you use the plan 9 mailer,
>upas/nedmail,to read the message?
I can read. No problem.

>I'm trying to find out of the problem is in upas/fs,
>the pop3 server, or thepop3 client.
>Which client are you using?
My client is not Plan9.
That is old one, NEXTSTEP pop3 client.
Therefore I guess client has a problem.
In fact it failed into endless loop.
However Plan9 pop3 sever also failed into endless loop.
I concluded those was endless loop
from the wasted CPU time.

Kenji Arisawa