* [9fans] Trident9000i success?
@ 2003-10-21  9:28 ByteMeDammit
From: ByteMeDammit @ 2003-10-21  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Curious if anybody has been able to use this chipset successfully?

I have an old HP Netserver LH Pro 6/200 that I keep Slackware on and i
thought it'd be fun to play around with Plan9.  Have run into a few hardware
snags.  First off, the video.  Second, NetRaid (Symbios Logic 53c7xx) and
Adaptec AIC-7880 (all-in-one aha2940uw).  Neither of which seem to be
supported?  Hate to drag out an old IDE drive!  But, I will if I can
sidestep the vga issue!

Any info or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
ByteMeDammit

* Re: [9fans] Trident9000i success?
@ 2003-10-21 14:17 ` jmk
From: jmk @ 2003-10-21 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

That's a chip we have no support for. As far as I can tell it has no
hardware cursor and pre-dates the generation of Trident chips we handle.

* Re: [9fans] Trident9000i success?
@ 2003-10-21 16:33   ` ByteMeDammit
From: ByteMeDammit @ 2003-10-21 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thanks for the response, jmk.  Guess I need to dig up a card witha chipset
on the list!  Looks like I'll need an IDE HDD too.  Neither of these SCSI
controllers seems to be recognized...

ByteMeDammit