* [9fans] Via Rhine II and 9pxeload
@ 2006-04-17 21:55 Lluís Batlle i Rossell
From: Lluís Batlle i Rossell @ 2006-04-17 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

trying to boot a 9pccpu with a previous 9pxeload, I've found the
ethernet card driver is well loaded in 9pxeload, but not well loaded in
9pccpu because "The io address is in use". I've taken a look the code
for ethervt6102.c, and there is some pci checking which causes those
messages. I imagine somewhere in the pci controller is stored that
something has already been done with that pci controller... Maybe I
spend tomorrow some hours in that, but given I known almost nothing
about PCI, I imagine you may give a clue.

Should the vt6102pnp() function ignore the "address already in use", and
go on resetting the card? Maybe 9pxeload should say something to a pci
controller/pci device before giving the control to 9pccpu? Maybe someone
wonders something about the actual problem?

Thank you very much,
Lluís

[-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature, Size: 3311 bytes --]

* Re: [9fans] Via Rhine II and 9pxeload
@ 2006-04-17 23:26 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2006-04-17 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

9pxeload isn't the problem.  9pccpu starts over.
9pxeload doesn't have the problem because it doesn't
do the same careful tracking.

The message should tell you which io address is in use.
Then you can cat '#P/ioalloc' after booting to see who has it.

Russ