* [9fans] feeding factotum on boot
@ 2008-09-16 13:54 Yaroslav
From: Yaroslav @ 2008-09-16 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

A question: how to feed a private (SSH host) key(s) to eve's factotum
during the boot?
The first what comes up to my mind is to save the key somewhere on
fileserver, then to feed it to factotum from cpurc.
Feel there should be other way...

P.S. Cpu, auth, fs and secstore are all the same machine.

Thanks.
--
Best regards,
 Yarek.

* Re: [9fans] feeding factotum on boot
@ 2008-09-16 14:06 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2008-09-16 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yarikos, 9fans

> A question: how to feed a private (SSH host) key(s) to eve's factotum
> during the boot?
> The first what comes up to my mind is to save the key somewhere on
> fileserver, then to feed it to factotum from cpurc.
> Feel there should be other way...
>
> P.S. Cpu, auth, fs and secstore are all the same machine.

put them in secstore.  you may need to run auth/wrkey
to save the secstore key in the "nvram" file.  the key is
saved in plan text, unfortunately.  also beware that your
secstore key is limited to 8 characters.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] feeding factotum on boot
@ 2008-09-16 14:14 ` Robert Raschke
From: Robert Raschke @ 2008-09-16 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 2:54 PM, Yaroslav <yarikos@gmail.com> wrote:
> A question: how to feed a private (SSH host) key(s) to eve's factotum
> during the boot?
> The first what comes up to my mind is to save the key somewhere on
> fileserver, then to feed it to factotum from cpurc.
> Feel there should be other way...

I've got this in my cpurc:

auth/secstore -n -G factotum |read -m >>/mnt/factotum/ctl

Although I've forgotten how I set up the secstore for the cpu server.
That's the downside with systems that just work.

Robby

* Re: [9fans] feeding factotum on boot
@ 2008-09-17  7:26   ` Yaroslav
From: Yaroslav @ 2008-09-17  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)