* Re: [9fans] srvssh: access permission denied
@ 2003-04-04 15:39 ` rsc
From: rsc @ 2003-04-04 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> P.S. Is it just me, or are the u9fs sources in bad shape?  When I tried to
> compile it about a week ago, it failed -- it looks as though somebody
> ripped the des.c functions out of another file, without making sure that
> macros like DESKEYLEN are defined.  I got it to work, though, with a bit
> of hacking.

yeah, i screwed that up, sorry.  it should be fixed now, thanks to geoff.

* [9fans] srvssh: access permission denied
@ 2003-04-04 16:56 Richard C Bilson
From: Richard C Bilson @ 2003-04-04 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thanks to all who made suggestions about my rtl8139 problems.  I'm happy to
report that things are working very well now.

Since, unfortunately, I don't get paid to develop on plan9, I'm attempting
to use the system on my home machine as a way of accessing files on the
various unix machines that I am supposed to be working on.  This almost
works perfectly -- my only gripe is that, for some reason, srvssh won't
work unless I disk/kfscmd allow first.  To wit:

term% pwd
/usr/rcbilson
term% du n
0	n/apl
0	n/plg
0	n
term% bind -bc n /n
term% srvssh -u /u/rcbilson/opt/bin/u9fs apl.uwaterloo.ca apl /n/apl
srvssh: access permission denied

If I disable permission checks, run srvssh, and then enable them again,
the mounted fs works fine.  It seems to me that this should not be
necessary.

- Richard

@ 2003-04-04 17:16 ` David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2003-04-04 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

sounds like you just have bad permissions on srvssh.  What does
ls -l /bin/srvssh give.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2421 bytes --]

From: Richard C Bilson <rcbilson@plg2.math.uwaterloo.ca>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] srvssh: access permission denied
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 11:56:43 -0500

@ 2003-04-04 17:31 Richard C Bilson
From: Richard C Bilson @ 2003-04-04 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> From: David Presotto <presotto@closedmind.org>
>
> sounds like you just have bad permissions on srvssh.  What does
> ls -l /bin/srvssh give.

--rw-rw-r-- M 8 sys sys 2289 Dec 23 21:25 /bin/srvssh

So there you go.  Change it to 775 and it works like a charm.

Thanks again!
- Richard