* Re: [9fans] drawterm through nat
@ 2004-02-02 18:02 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2004-02-02 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

there are examples of using IPtables for port forwarding drawterm, fs,
cpu and other connections.  see the archives from august (24th and
earlier) 2003, subject is "NAT'ing a drawterm connection"

* Re: [9fans] drawterm through nat
@ 2004-02-02 18:46 Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2004-02-02 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I am forwarding 564 (9fs), 567 (ticket), 17010 (ncpu), and 17013 (cpu)

You don't need 17010 as drawterm still uses the old cpu negotiations.
I also don't think you need 564. Drawterm is the fs and everything runs
on the cpu.

* Re: [9fans] drawterm through nat
@ 2004-02-02 20:52 ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-02-02 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> is it possible to drawterm to my nated home plan9
> network?

yes, afaik.  it's just tcp.

> I have access to the nat gateway and
> can setup port forwarding. Which ports are needed
> for drawterm?

up in the 17000 range, but i'm too tired/lazy to check.

> Is the connection encrypted?

no, but the authentication is.  tcp-hijacking [hi ECHELON]
is doable, but kinda impractical.

it's pretty impressive (save for those stupid 'postnote' windows
which essentially say 'bust').  it's a bit unforgiving when net delays
are exceeded.  i've drawtermed from sydney to NY and paris to NY.

i'd like to re-write it in limbo, but my list of things i'd like to do
is getting rather long ...

* Re: [9fans] drawterm through nat
@ 2004-02-02 18:54 Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2004-02-02 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> cpu(1) is encrypted, as is import(1).

drawterm doesn't support encryption. Device '#a' (and '#D'?) need
to be implemented in it or ported.

* Re: [9fans] drawterm through nat
@ 2004-02-02 14:09 steve-simon
From: steve-simon @ 2004-02-02 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

cpu(1) is encrypted, as is import(1).

accessing a file server directly is not at present...
though this won't effect you running drawterm.

-Steve

* Re: [9fans] drawterm through nat
@ 2004-02-02 13:56 ` plan9
From: plan9 @ 2004-02-02 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: matthias, 9fans

Hi Matthias,

> is it possible to drawterm to my nated home plan9
> network? I have access to the nat gateway and
> can setup port forwarding. Which ports are needed
> for drawterm?

I am forwarding 564 (9fs), 567 (ticket), 17010 (ncpu), and 17013 (cpu)
through my Netgear router to my home cpu/auth server and can use
drawterm to connect from my workplace.

I think you don't need all of them open, but I haven't experimented.

> Is the connection encrypted?

There was a thread a couple of months ago, which I believe said that
the connection is not encrypted.  Somebody was going to look into
upgrading drawterm.

Robby

* [9fans] drawterm through nat
@ 2004-02-02 13:44 Matthias Teege
From: Matthias Teege @ 2004-02-02 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Moin,

is it possible to drawterm to my nated home plan9
network? I have access to the nat gateway and
can setup port forwarding. Which ports are needed
for drawterm? Is the connection encrypted?

Matthias