* [9fans] xen kernel
@ 2007-11-29 19:56 Claudio Leite
From: Claudio Leite @ 2007-11-29 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Does anyone know the latest sources from which one can compile a xen3
kernel?  I tried with the most recent sources and failed.  IIRC the
issues were in devarch.c (mfence is not defined in the xen sources)
and sdxen.c (xenbio() had bno as long rather than uvlong).  I
attempted to fix these by making the necessary additions (i.e.
defining mfence as it was defined in the pc/ tree) and modifications
(changing bno to uvlong) but the resulting kernel did not boot.

I used xen-public headers from xen 3.1.1, if that makes a difference.

Additionally, would recompiling with correct matching headers perhaps
fix my issue where heavy disk I/O halts the network interface?  I
remember having recompiled sometime in early 2007 with the correct
headers (on a completely different machine than I am running on now)
and the problem going away, but it may have been incomplete testing on
my part.  I can't find any reference to this beyond a mention in the
magma.com.ni Plan9/xen tutorial.

The kernel I am using right now is from the 'ronslaptop' directory
dated May 12th '07.

Thanks.
-Claudio

* Re: [9fans] xen kernel
@ 2007-11-29 21:35 ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2007-11-29 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Does anyone know the latest sources from which one can compile a xen3
> kernel?

The newest file in /n/sources/xen/xen3/9/xen3 is dated May 16  2007
so it should be safe to compile with a kernel from around that date.