* [9fans] iwp9 deadline extension
@ 2009-08-28 18:06 erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-08-28 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

the deadline for submitting papers has
been extended to 20090907.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] iwp9 deadline extension
@ 2009-08-28 19:06 ` Noah Evans
From: Noah Evans @ 2009-08-28 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

We don't have any travel budget now does coraid have any sponsors
willing to fund travel?

Sent from my iPhone

@ 2009-08-28 19:21   ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-08-28 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Fri Aug 28 15:09:25 EDT 2009, noah.evans@gmail.com wrote:
> We don't have any travel budget now does coraid have any sponsors
> willing to fund travel?

that's a tough one.  my currency thus far has largely been
tom sawyering and cajolerie.  coraid and uga have helped
with facilities, but there is no money for travel.

the gsoc group had talked about using some of the google
money for such things.

in case this is not evident, it is okay to submit a paper
if you can't attend.

@ 2009-08-28 19:42     ` Eric Van Hensbergen
From: Eric Van Hensbergen @ 2009-08-28 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Satelite conference locations in Antwerp and Oz may be be a bad idea
assuming folks can accomodate crazy time differences.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 28, 2009, at 2:21 PM, erik quanstrom <quanstro@quanstro.net>
wrote:

> On Fri Aug 28 15:09:25 EDT 2009, noah.evans@gmail.com wrote:
>> We don't have any travel budget now does coraid have any sponsors
>> willing to fund travel?
>>

> that's a tough one.  my currency thus far has largely been
> tom sawyering and cajolerie.  coraid and uga have helped
> with facilities, but there is no money for travel.
>
> the gsoc group had talked about using some of the google
> money for such things.
>
> in case this is not evident, it is okay to submit a paper
> if you can't attend.
>
> - erik

* Re: [9fans] iwp9 deadline extension
@ 2009-08-28 20:11       ` Devon H. O'Dell
                           ` (2 more replies)
From: Devon H. O'Dell @ 2009-08-28 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

2009/8/28 Eric Van Hensbergen <ericvh@gmail.com>:
> Satelite conference locations in Antwerp and Oz may be be a bad idea
> assuming folks can accomodate crazy time differences.

Not a bad idea, does anyone on the else pc have A/V equipment? I do,
but it's not great stuff (just webcam quality), so it'd be like last
resort stuff. I could get a DV cam if necessary.

--dho

@ 2009-08-28 20:35         ` Don Bailey
From: Don Bailey @ 2009-08-28 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Is there an IWP9 website for this year that provides information about dates
and locations?
Thanks,

@ 2009-08-28 20:37         ` Eric Van Hensbergen
From: Eric Van Hensbergen @ 2009-08-28 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I've got dvcam and lapel mike....just need bamdwidth.

Sent from my iPhone

@ 2009-08-28 20:42           ` Devon H. O'Dell
From: Devon H. O'Dell @ 2009-08-28 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

2009/8/28 Eric Van Hensbergen <ericvh@gmail.com>:
> I've got dvcam and lapel mike....just need bamdwidth.

If we've got 320kbps we can easily do the presentation via justin.tv
or something similar. Alternatively, if we just want to set up e.g. an
mpeg stream, I have machines that can proxy that. Though Erik will
have to confirm / deny the existence of any amount of bandwidth in the
first place.

From: Devon H. O'Dell @ 2009-08-28 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

http://iwp9.org

@ 2009-08-28 22:13             ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-08-28 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> If we've got 320kbps we can easily do the presentation via justin.tv
> or something similar. Alternatively, if we just want to set up e.g. an
> mpeg stream, I have machines that can proxy that. Though Erik will
> have to confirm / deny the existence of any amount of bandwidth in the
> first place.

i'll try to get this information on monday.  i'll only be able to
quote the bandwidth claimed.

@ 2009-08-28 22:31         ` Roman V Shaposhnik
From: Roman V Shaposhnik @ 2009-08-28 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Fri, 2009-08-28 at 16:11 -0400, Devon H. O'Dell wrote:
> 2009/8/28 Eric Van Hensbergen <ericvh@gmail.com>:
> > Satelite conference locations in Antwerp and Oz may be be a bad idea
> > assuming folks can accomodate crazy time differences.
>
> Not a bad idea, does anyone on the else pc have A/V equipment? I do,
> but it's not great stuff (just webcam quality), so it'd be like last
> resort stuff. I could get a DV cam if necessary.

I have a semi-pro DV cam (which is a life safer in poor lighting
conditions) which I can bring. Streaming should not really be
a problem given that our viewership is likely to be in 2 digits.

Thanks,
Roman.

* Re: [9fans] iwp9 deadline extension
@ 2009-08-28 23:52           ` Uriel
From: Uriel @ 2009-08-28 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 10:35 PM, Don Bailey<don.bailey@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there an IWP9 website for this year that provides information about dates
> and locations?
> Thanks,

I try to keep http://iwp9.cat-v.org updated with information for every year.

uriel

@ 2009-08-29  0:00             ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-08-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Fri Aug 28 19:53:53 EDT 2009, uriel99@gmail.com wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 10:35 PM, Don Bailey<don.bailey@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is there an IWP9 website for this year that provides information about dates
> > and locations?
> > Thanks,
>
> I try to keep http://iwp9.cat-v.org updated with information for every year.

this seems silly, but i think this is necessary for clarity.

iwp9.org is the official site of this year's
conference.

@ 2009-08-29  9:40       ` Axel Belinfante
From: Axel Belinfante @ 2009-08-29  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs