* [9fans] Repeating long Edit commands
@ 2013-10-16 19:58 James A. Robinson
From: James A. Robinson @ 2013-10-16 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Folks,

When you use acme, is there any trick you use when repeatedly
applying an identical Edit command to separate blocks of text?

In some situations I don't have an x// that selects all of the data
to operate on so I can't set up sub commands (x/../{ ...  }).

Instead, I sometimes end up highlighting one block of text, going
to a scratch buffer and highlighting an Edit command, going back
to my file window and sending the text to Edit.

When I move on to the next block of text to Edit, I end up having
to repeat the mouse operations to re-select the Edit commands to
send.  Is there a way around this repeated selections of the Edit,
or do I have to copy the entire argument into the tag?

I was wondering if there was a solution like the Run command Russ
posted [*] that could be used with Edit?  Or do you just copy the
entire text to the tag?

[*] https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.os.plan9/zesfmEKFh8s/CK06uCYmVQYJ

* Re: [9fans] Repeating long Edit commands
@ 2013-10-16 20:23 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2013-10-16 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jimr, 9fans

> In some situations I don't have an x// that selects all of the data
> to operate on so I can't set up sub commands (x/../{ ...  }).
>
> Instead, I sometimes end up highlighting one block of text, going
> to a scratch buffer and highlighting an Edit command, going back
> to my file window and sending the text to Edit.

usually i leave the edit command highlighted in the tag, then select the text,
then b2 the edit command.

- erik