* [9fans] Acme/Mail tagline
@ 2005-04-12  5:38 Lucio De Re
From: Lucio De Re @ 2005-04-12  5:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The "reply" tagline now reads:

	/mail/fs/mbox/QReply6 Del Snarf |fmt Look Post Undo

If I may, I would suggest putting Look at the end, with Post,
optionally, after Undo.

	/mail/fs/mbox/QReply6 Del Snarf |fmt Undo Post Look

This is the curse of user interfaces: only with usage can one
determine what suits one best.  The other curse is that what I find
useful may be totally inappropriate to someone else and compromises
are not always feasible.  Customisation comes with its own curses, as
has often been pointed out.

Still, in my opinion we ought to use templates for initial message
entry and replies, in the style of (N)MH.  I don't know if Russ is
still looking at (N)MH with interest, I think it has a lot to commend
it (but neither the original MH code, nor the NMH rewrite (sic) are
examples of good programming, in my opinion).

Returning to the tagline, I'm getting used to the new format, but
surprisingly slowly.  Also, Snarfing the tagline is an amusing
exercise for small minds like mine :-)

++L

PS: It struck me that QA would make a suitable replacement for Q in
the message reading tagline, to quote and include all recipients
Q, if so desired.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-04-12  5:38 UTC | newest]