* [9fans] off the air
@ 2010-12-31  4:21 Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2010-12-31  4:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I've been off the air. The last ozi license gets revoked at midnight.
I'm now calling the new one ïmp. It's fun. On the advice of my tax
barister it will be registered at 00:05.

And CDM get's registered on Australia day, mate. Das hund still
doesn't know what to make of the theremin - built one winged.

Regards,

brucee

* Re: [9fans] off the air
@ 2010-12-31 12:39 ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2010-12-31 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I don't get a word. Although I'd like to try a theremin one day...

* Re: [9fans] off the air
@ 2010-12-31 13:28   ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2010-12-31 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Although I'd like to try a theremin one day...

Lydia Kavina http://www.lydiakavina.com gives occasional tutorials in Oxford,
maybe also somewhere closer to you.  She was in Lippstadt last November.

* Re: [9fans] off the air
@ 2010-12-31 14:15     ` Lluís Batlle i Rossell
From: Lluís Batlle i Rossell @ 2010-12-31 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 01:28:17PM +0000, Richard Miller wrote:
> > Although I'd like to try a theremin one day...
>
> Lydia Kavina http://www.lydiakavina.com gives occasional tutorials in Oxford,
> maybe also somewhere closer to you.  She was in Lippstadt last November.

Thank you! I did not know her.

I always preferred the name 'Termenvox' though.

I think it was the BBC that sent a good documentary about the history of Lev Termen
and his invention.

* Re: [9fans] off the air
@ 2010-12-31 15:51       ` Jeff Sickel
From: Jeff Sickel @ 2010-12-31 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Dec 31, 2010, at 8:15 AM, Lluís Batlle i Rossell wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 01:28:17PM +0000, Richard Miller wrote:
>>> Although I'd like to try a theremin one day...
>>
>> Lydia Kavina http://www.lydiakavina.com gives occasional tutorials in Oxford,
>> maybe also somewhere closer to you.  She was in Lippstadt last November.
>
> Thank you! I did not know her.
>
> I always preferred the name 'Termenvox' though.
>
> I think it was the BBC that sent a good documentary about the history of Lev Termen
> and his invention.

And when you want to have more fun, attach a small metal cup/plate to the upright antenna.  Add Sterno or other slow burning low temperature fuel and light.  Continue on with your performance.

* Re: [9fans] off the air
@ 2010-12-31 16:37         ` blstuart
From: blstuart @ 2010-12-31 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>>> Lydia Kavina http://www.lydiakavina.com gives occasional tutorials in Oxford,
>>> maybe also somewhere closer to you.  She was in Lippstadt last November.
>>
>> Thank you! I did not know her.
>>
>> I always preferred the name 'Termenvox' though.
>>
>> I think it was the BBC that sent a good documentary about the history of Lev Termen
>> and his invention.
>
> And when you want to have more fun, attach a small metal cup/plate to the upright antenna.  Add Sterno or other slow burning low temperature fuel and light.  Continue on with your performance.

Oooo...that does sound like fun.  Almost most enough to make me
get off my backside and build one now.

BLS