* [9fans] replica pull -v
@ 2004-05-07 12:34 Martin Wyser
From: Martin Wyser @ 2004-05-07 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi folks

I just did a
replica/pull -v /dist/replica/network
It now prints lines like

a sys/src/9/pc/main.c 664 sys sys 1067722634

According to the replica(1), the format should be
    verb path serverpath mode ...
The serverpath seems to be missing in the status lines I get - what is
going wrong?
The sys/src/9/pc/main.c is relative to what?
The "a" verb means it adds a file - why? The file existed before that?

Am I just seeing my installation fall?  Should I stop replica?  I am
very anxious about what I see.

kind regards, Martin

* Re: [9fans] replica pull -v
@ 2004-05-07 16:16 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2004-05-07 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The documentation is wrong.  It got annoying
to see both paths now it just prints the path
relative to both client and server roots.
Whether you see "a" vs. "m" depends on
whether the server's log has been compressed
recently.  It doesn't mean that pull thinks you're
missing the file.

In other words, it's behaving fine.

Sorry about the confusion.
Russ