* [9fans] noatime for fossil?
@ 2004-05-14 20:28 dvd
From: dvd @ 2004-05-14 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've read through the mans but either missed it or it is not there.
Is it possible to mount a fossil so that atime's are not updated?
I understand it would break certain things, but would be useful
with CF, a hot topic during last hours.

* Re: [9fans] noatime for fossil?
@ 2004-05-14 20:40 ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2004-05-14 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

flashfs does not update atimes ('cause it's silly) and
mtimes are implicit in the modifying op.  no reason why
fossil couldn't be coerced to do this.

brucee

@ 2004-05-14 21:23 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2004-05-14 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> I've read through the mans but either missed it or it is not there.
> Is it possible to mount a fossil so that atime's are not updated?
> I understand it would break certain things, but would be useful
> with CF, a hot topic during last hours.

there's no such option.  it's easy to add.
(the code already avoids updating the atime
on read-only file systems.)

i'm not sure the win would be as big as it
is in kfs, though, since metadata updates
are already cached.