* [9fans] did the mapping for the up arrow change?
@ 2004-05-19 18:09 Heiko Dudzus
From: Heiko Dudzus @ 2004-05-19 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

After weeks, I pulled the new sources/binaries. After that I had a
problem with the down arrow button within 'page'. 'page' didn't know
this keycode. stepping back to yesterdays 'page' ... and scrolling up
in page worked.

I concluded that the keyboard map has changed and presumed this was an
incompatibility of my old kernel and the new userland (at least page).
I rebuilt the kernel and page now understands the down arrow button
correctly.

But know 'vt' doesn't understand it correctly.

Was there such a change to the keycodes in the kernel (and some of the
userland binaries)?

Regards, Heiko

* Re: [9fans] did the mapping for the up arrow change?
@ 2004-05-19 18:22 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2004-05-19 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

The mapping for down arrow changed a few months ago.
I believe up arrow has not changed since it was introduced
years ago.

it's very likely that we didn't rebuild vt.  Try recompiling vt.

We're going to push out all new binaries at some point
because of the new vlong code in the 386 compilers anyway.

Russ

* [9fans] Re: did the mapping for the up arrow change?
@ 2004-05-19 19:06   ` Heiko Dudzus
From: Heiko Dudzus @ 2004-05-19 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

yes, I meant the down button.

Thanks, Recompiling 'vt' solved the problem. (While it didn't with the
links-port)

(this is meant as answer to Russ' post, but because I did not yet
subscribe, I tried to set an appropriate header manually. hope it
worked)

* Re: [9fans] Re: did the mapping for the up arrow change?
@ 2004-05-19 19:21     ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2004-05-19 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Thanks, Recompiling 'vt' solved the problem. (While it didn't with the
> links-port)

The links port has the values hard-coded in plan9.c.
I'm not sure why it doesn't just include keyboard.h instead.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] Re: did the mapping for the up arrow change?
@ 2004-05-19 22:00       ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2004-05-19 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

it's nostalgic.  why #include "inode.h" when you can redefine it
each time?

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2697 bytes --]

From: Russ Cox <russcox@gmail.com>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Re: did the mapping for the up arrow change?
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 15:21:49 -0400