* [9fans] rc internals
@ 2005-02-04 16:32 Sam
From: Sam @ 2005-02-04 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Can anyone provide pointers to (or a short description of)
how rc works internally?

I'm looking into a bug in the p9p rc that pops up
on my freebsd machine.  Sometimes subshells don't
return what they ought (or so it currently seems).

http://www.coraid.com/misc/rcfailure

Cheers,

Sam

* Re: [9fans] rc internals
@ 2005-02-04 16:52 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2005-02-04 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> I'm looking into a bug in the p9p rc that pops up
> on my freebsd machine.  Sometimes subshells don't
> return what they ought (or so it currently seems).

A few others have reported that bug too.
Your trace is helpful.  I didn't even know about rc -r.
Try putting
    print("notifyf pid %d: %s\n", getpid(), s);
at the top of notifyf.

Russ