* [9fans] replica/applylog error during installation.
@ 2005-05-05  9:29 Vester Thacker
From: Vester Thacker @ 2005-05-05  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I'm installing Plan 9 on a laptop. Everything is going well until I
hit 'enter' after the copydist prompt. I receive the following error:

replica/applylog: bad database entry '386/include/ape - 20000000775 sy'

After receiving this error I am given the bootsetup prompt without
copying the distribution.

Any ideas to why this is occuring?

-vester

* Re: [9fans] replica/applylog error during installation.
@ 2005-05-05 12:45 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2005-05-05 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vester Thacker, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> I'm installing Plan 9 on a laptop. Everything is going well until I
> hit 'enter' after the copydist prompt. I receive the following error:
>
> replica/applylog: bad database entry '386/include/ape - 20000000775 sy'
>
> After receiving this error I am given the bootsetup prompt without
> copying the distribution.

sounds like the file is bad.  can you look at
/n/dist/dist/replica/plan9.log in the installer and
see if it ends abruptly?

russ