* [9fans] sdata.c premature write failure
@ 2005-05-26 21:23 Sam
From: Sam @ 2005-05-26 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

After giving a disk a PIO write command, sdata.c gives the disk
1000us to clear BSY and set DRQ before failing the write.  We're
using PQI DiskOnModule IDE Flash devices that take about 1580us
to do this.  I've bumped it up to 10000us.  Line
/sys/src/9/pc/sdata.c:1391.

Sam

* Re: [9fans] sdata.c premature write failure
@ 2005-05-26 21:34 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2005-05-26 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> After giving a disk a PIO write command, sdata.c gives the disk
> 1000us to clear BSY and set DRQ before failing the write.  We're
> using PQI DiskOnModule IDE Flash devices that take about 1580us
> to do this.  I've bumped it up to 10000us.  Line
> /sys/src/9/pc/sdata.c:1391.

I guess Flash is only supposed to sound fast.

Russ