* [9fans] plan9port acme behavior of CTRL-ALT in linux
@ 2005-06-05 21:27 kvchokw02
From: kvchokw02 @ 2005-06-05 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Has anyone else noticed that on linux, pressing and releasing CTRL-ALT
in acme erases any newly typed text from the cursor to the beginning of
the line (like CTRL-U).  Is this behavior intentional, or accidental? a
bug?

	thanks,
	Peter Canning

* Re: [9fans] plan9port acme behavior of CTRL-ALT in linux
@ 2005-06-05 21:32 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2005-06-05 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Has anyone else noticed that on linux, pressing and releasing CTRL-ALT
> in acme erases any newly typed text from the cursor to the beginning of
> the line (like CTRL-U).  Is this behavior intentional, or accidental? a
> bug?

It's accidental.  I've noticed it but haven't tracked it down.

Russ

* [9fans] A bug in /proc/*/status
@ 2005-06-06 12:25   ` arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2005-06-06 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello 9fans,

Mr. Yamanashi gave me a nice patch to factotum that is designed for
9grid.
but output of ps is buggy.

cpu% ps
arisawa         158    0:00   0:00    9336K Rendez   fossil
arisawa         181    0:00   0:00     252K Pread    rc
arisawa@outside.plan9.bell-lAwaitom      460    0:00   0:00     128K
Awaitom tcp17010
arisawa@outside.plan9.bell-lAwaitom      461    0:00   0:00     248K
Awaitom rc
arisawa@outside.plan9.bell-lPreadom      462    0:00   0:00     128K
Preadom tcp17010
arisawa@outside.plan9.bell-lPreadom      476    0:00   0:00     184K
Preadom ps
cpu%

that comes from buggy /proc/*/status

cpu% cat /proc/460/status
tcp17010                    arisawa@outside.plan9.bell-lAwaitom
       0          ....

/man/proc(3) says:
           The read-only status file contains a string with twelve
           fields, each followed by a space.  The fields are:

           -    the process name and user name, each 27 characters left
                justified

           -    the process state, 11 characters left justified (see
                ps(1))

therefore "arisawa@outside.plan9.bell-lAwaitom" should be
arisawa@outside.plan9.bell- Awaitom

Kenji Arisawa