* [9fans] problems with video card
@ 2005-07-28 17:56 Ezequiel Reyes
From: Ezequiel Reyes @ 2005-07-28 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi list, I am trying to install plan9 on a dell laptop, I downloaded the
floppy disk but my screen goes black when starting graphics, I tried
changing resolutions and color depht in the ini file and changed lcd instead
of xga, same thing. I have a NVIDIA GeForce4 440 Go 32 MB, I searched to see
if there was support for this video card on plan9.
It seems there is an experimental video driver since 2004, but I don't know
if it is included in the floppy image (or at least in the latest CD). While
trying, I put a wrong identifier instead of xga and the floppy got to the
point of showing the shell prompt, so at least I know the main problem is
with the video card.
Is there support in plan9 for my video card? Is there something I can
configure somewhere to make it work at least in 800x600x8 ?

* Re: [9fans] problems with video card
@ 2005-07-28 20:33 ` Federico Benavento
From: Federico Benavento @ 2005-07-28 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> configure somewhere to make it work at least in 800x600x8 ?
there is an iso image with  generic vesa driver in:
http://9grid.de/plan9/plan9vesa.iso.bz2

this should work.
--
Federico G. Benavento

* Re: [9fans] problems with video card
@ 2005-08-02 14:30   ` Ezequiel Reyes
From: Ezequiel Reyes @ 2005-08-02 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi, I downloaded the plan9vesa imagen and tried it, the error message is:

aux/vga: vgactlw: < type mach64xx: bad VGA control message "type mach64xx"

when botting from the CD with monitor: xga

then it falls back to text prompt. Any ideas?

@ 2005-08-02 14:34     ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2005-08-02 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

set monitor to vesa.