* Re: [9fans] xen image w/ knoppix plan 9
@ 2005-09-16  3:45 YAMANASHI Takeshi
From: YAMANASHI Takeshi @ 2005-09-16  3:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Thu Sep 15 23:58:52 JST 2005, Fco. J. Ballesteros wrote:
> Anyone did try to boot the image?

I did and succeeded to boot Plan 9.

Tricky part for me was setting up a p9 dhcp server.
How does ip/dhcpd assign IPs to dhcp clients regardless
of their MAC addresses?

* Re: [9fans] xen image w/ knoppix plan 9
@ 2005-09-16  3:55 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2005-09-16  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Tricky part for me was setting up a p9 dhcp server.
> How does ip/dhcpd assign IPs to dhcp clients regardless
> of their MAC addresses?

there is an option you can give dhcpd to set aside
a dynamic range, but really it would prefer if you
assigned IPs based on mac addresses.

russ

* [9fans] xen image w/ knoppix plan 9
@ 2005-09-15 14:58 Fco. J. Ballesteros
From: Fco. J. Ballesteros @ 2005-09-15 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Anyone did try to boot the image?
We're having problems here to boot it.
Perhaps we got a corrupt image or corrupted it while
burning.

thanks